Old 01-06-2006, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jack Snodgrass

Default Sprinkler Contoll Question

On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:17:25 -0400, Jim wrote:

I am not familiar with that type of system, but I can tell you that the
valves are NOT run on batteries. They usually require 24 volts. Yes,
the controller itself could be powered by a battery, but that is not likely.

Your setup as you have described it is really weird.

Good luck !!

--James--

Well... it is a "Nelson" controller ( I've never heard of them
before ) and not a RainBird controller. It is battery
operated. Here is a link to a picture if anyone wants to see
what it looks like.

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Cu...ist.asp?PID=42

Suposedly, the battery should last for 10 years... but I don't
think that it's that old. I guess for an application where you
don't have readily available power, this is ok....

jack

--
D.A.M. - Mothers Against Dyslexia

see http://www.jacksnodgrass.com for my contact info.