Old 01-06-2006, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Allotment Sheds

GRANDADPHIL wrote:
I have just acquired an allotment and to say there is a lot of work to
be done would be an understatement. One of the first jobs to do is to
making the pile of wood that purports to be a shed secure enough to
store some tools. the second job will be to adapt the existing few
planks into something like a green house / potting shed / tool shed /
somewhere to have a cuppa. Has anybody got thoughts on the design
layout that might fit the concept? I should add that I am reasonably
competent with a saw and screws. The dilema is the available budget.
If you know of web sites / peoples photos / bright ideas that might
help then I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

What I always wanted in my shed was a folding working bench/table,
which just fold up and hook on the wall. It saves space I think. Also
if you can add a window, it's nice to sit in when it rains and keeps
plants/seedlings you had no time to plant with some light until you do
the next day. My friend adapted a 'kitchen corner' and made compartment
under a working bench to store gaz bottle, fixed a square basin to wash
things in on a top with legs. Looks like a second home )

If you have kids, a flat roof to climb on can become a fantastic
surveying platform with a lader to get to it, and a trap to escape. My
husband made this for ours and they enjoyed it very much. Also it's
good if you can raise your shed from the ground.

For some giggles check this )

http://www.readersheds.co.uk/readers...?SHARESHED=409