Old 01-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered User

Location: WEST YOKSHIRE
Lightbulb Allotment Sheds

I have just acquired an allotment and to say there is a lot of work to be done would be an understatement. One of the first jobs to do is to making the pile of wood that purports to be a shed secure enough to store some tools. the second job will be to adapt the existing few planks into something like a green house / potting shed / tool shed / somewhere to have a cuppa. Has anybody got thoughts on the design layout that might fit the concept? I should add that I am reasonably competent with a saw and screws. The dilema is the available budget. If you know of web sites / peoples photos / bright ideas that might help then I would like to hear from you. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Allotment Sheds

GRANDADPHIL wrote:
I have just acquired an allotment and to say there is a lot of work to
be done would be an understatement. One of the first jobs to do is to
making the pile of wood that purports to be a shed secure enough to
store some tools. the second job will be to adapt the existing few
planks into something like a green house / potting shed / tool shed /
somewhere to have a cuppa. Has anybody got thoughts on the design
layout that might fit the concept? I should add that I am reasonably
competent with a saw and screws. The dilema is the available budget.
If you know of web sites / peoples photos / bright ideas that might
help then I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

What I always wanted in my shed was a folding working bench/table,
which just fold up and hook on the wall. It saves space I think. Also
if you can add a window, it's nice to sit in when it rains and keeps
plants/seedlings you had no time to plant with some light until you do
the next day. My friend adapted a 'kitchen corner' and made compartment
under a working bench to store gaz bottle, fixed a square basin to wash
things in on a top with legs. Looks like a second home )

If you have kids, a flat roof to climb on can become a fantastic
surveying platform with a lader to get to it, and a trap to escape. My
husband made this for ours and they enjoyed it very much. Also it's
good if you can raise your shed from the ground.

For some giggles check this )

http://www.readersheds.co.uk/readers...?SHARESHED=409

Old 01-06-2006, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fenwoman

--
GRANDADPHIL

if you want a stand alone greenhouse try this one. I built mine very
cheaply and you can go as large as you want.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...esult&cd=1 &q
=running+diesel+car+on+vegetable+oil&spell=1

Old 02-06-2006, 01:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Used pallets can be had quite cheaply, these can make the basic framework of
a shed or even hardwearing furniture for the inside, given a bit of
ingenuity and inventiveness.

regards
Cineman (granddad)

Old 02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Registered User

Location: WEST YOKSHIRE
Red face

Thanks for the thought but what does veg oil have o do with a shed

Old 02-06-2006, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fenwoman

http://tinyurl.com/kfe3q
=running+diesel+car+on+vegetable+oil&spell=1

Thanks for the thought but what does veg oil have o do with a shed

eek I was searching something else after a phone call from my brother and
posted the wrong URL.

http://gallery.thepoultrykeeper.co.u...jpg.html?g2_im
ageViewsIndex=3

Old 05-06-2006, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"GRANDADPHIL" wrote in message

I have just acquired an allotment and to say there is a lot of work to
be done would be an understatement. One of the first jobs to do is to
making the pile of wood that purports to be a shed secure enough to
store some tools. the second job will be to adapt the existing few
planks into something like a green house / potting shed / tool shed /
somewhere to have a cuppa. Has anybody got thoughts on the design
layout that might fit the concept? I should add that I am reasonably
competent with a saw and screws. The dilema is the available budget.
If you know of web sites / peoples photos / bright ideas that might
help then I would like to hear from you. Thanks.
GRANDADPHIL

Put windows on the south side to catch as much sun as possible.
Install electricity - for lights, heating, radio and the
kettle.................
Do you need to start from scratch or is the frame OK?
Jenny

Old 05-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Registered User

Location: WEST YOKSHIRE

thanks for that. haven't studied it properly yet but looks as though it will save a good few quid
Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered User

Location: WEST YOKSHIRE

Put windows on the south side to catch as much sun as possible.
Install electricity - for lights, heating, radio and the
Do you need to start from scratch or is the frame OK?
Jenny[/quote]

The frame might be ok but the roof will have to come off and be raised as i think the previous tenant was vertically challenged.

Looking for help in the study of garden sheds ccoath United Kingdom 3 09-02-2005 07:56 AM
Sheds gap [was:Re DECKING] Brian Watson United Kingdom 2 23-02-2004 07:42 AM
try here for concrete sheds bones United Kingdom 0 11-02-2004 08:19 AM
concrete sheds bones United Kingdom 0 05-02-2004 06:48 PM
sheds karen United Kingdom 4 27-05-2003 10:20 AM