Old 17-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Warren

Default newbie questions

John wrote:
www.scotts.com has good information for lawns.

They have good information on why you should buy lots of their chemicals
in every conceivable situation. Hardly objective information.

Let me ask you this: Would you go to a pharmaceutical company's website
for medical information? Would you go to www.abc.com to find out what's
on TV? Would you go to a candidate's website to help form your opinion
on a public issue?

Typing "lawn care" at Google results in more than a quarter of a million
hits. Surely one can find some good objective information from a site
that has no vested interest in selling you lots of chemicals whether you
need them or not.

If you want to find out about a specific product, go to the
manufacturer's website, and try to read around the marketing. If you
want to find objective information on anything, stay away from websites
belonging to companies who's reason to exist is to sell you something.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.