Old 03-06-2006, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wally B

Default Curling leaves

Yes it does, and I suspect it's over watering. I live in the Mojave desert
and when it gets hot, I'm prone to watering cause when I get hot and
thirsty, I think my plants are hot and thirsty also (grin). Thank you.

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 20:39:08 -0700, "Wally B"
wrote:

They're curling up.

http://www.umanitoba.ca/afs/hort_inq...leaf_roll.html

"Physiological leaf roll may be associated with environmental stresses
such as excess moisture, excess nitrogen, and transplant shock. Leaf
roll may also be related to moisture conservation during periods of
extreme heat and drought. Improper cultural practices such as severe
pruning and root damage during cultivation can also cause leaf roll
symptoms. Physiological leaf roll involves an initial upward cupping
of the leaves, followed by an inward roll. In severe cases, the leaves
roll up until the leaflets overlap. Symptomatic leaves become
thickened and leathery. Symptoms typically appear first in lower
leaves but may spread to the entire plant, depending on the severity
of the condition. Leaf roll is more commonly associated with staking
varieties of tomato, such as "Early Girl" and "Big Boy", rather than
bush types. In most cases, the condition is temporary and will have
little or no affect on plant growth or fruit production. "

Does this sound like your problem?

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"