Old 03-06-2006, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A hello [again]

Frantic Gardeners wrote:
My name is Helen, and I have been off list for a long time! But married
to Chris, and lived in Leeds when last posted. Actually still married
to Chris, and now with 2 daughters, but in Cambs.

So, starting off with a question, we have 2 trees in our new garden
that last year were ornamental cherries, but this year seem to be
covered in cherries.
a picture link here

http://chrisfrench.org/gardenblog/index.php/2006/06/02/so-whats-this/

how likely is it that this cherry will taste nice? or is it mostly an
occasional surprise, and good for jams?
[and you can see that our gardening is still somewhat chaotic, but
trying better each time with the fruit/veg - one year we will be on
time!]

Hello again to the names I recognise from 5 years ago

Hi Chris, and welcome back. They do look like ornamental cherries, and
the fruit, if those i've tried are anything to go by, will be very
bitter, and will have very litttle flesh surrounding a large stone. I
think they are better classed as inedible.

I was in Lincolnshire last time you posted, but am now enjoying
retirement in the south of Spain, so different gardening conditions
here, with outdoor tomatoes just beginning to ripen.

Mike