Old 03-06-2006, 01:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frantic Gardeners

Default A hello [again]

My name is Helen, and I have been off list for a long time! But married
to Chris, and lived in Leeds when last posted. Actually still married
to Chris, and now with 2 daughters, but in Cambs.

So, starting off with a question, we have 2 trees in our new garden
that last year were ornamental cherries, but this year seem to be
covered in cherries.
a picture link here

http://chrisfrench.org/gardenblog/index.php/2006/06/02/so-whats-this/

how likely is it that this cherry will taste nice? or is it mostly an
occasional surprise, and good for jams?
[and you can see that our gardening is still somewhat chaotic, but
trying better each time with the fruit/veg - one year we will be on
time!]

Hello again to the names I recognise from 5 years ago

Old 03-06-2006, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Frantic Gardeners wrote:
My name is Helen, and I have been off list for a long time! But married
to Chris, and lived in Leeds when last posted. Actually still married
to Chris, and now with 2 daughters, but in Cambs.

So, starting off with a question, we have 2 trees in our new garden
that last year were ornamental cherries, but this year seem to be
covered in cherries.
a picture link here

http://chrisfrench.org/gardenblog/index.php/2006/06/02/so-whats-this/

how likely is it that this cherry will taste nice? or is it mostly an
occasional surprise, and good for jams?
[and you can see that our gardening is still somewhat chaotic, but
trying better each time with the fruit/veg - one year we will be on
time!]

Hello again to the names I recognise from 5 years ago

Hi Chris, and welcome back. They do look like ornamental cherries, and
the fruit, if those i've tried are anything to go by, will be very
bitter, and will have very litttle flesh surrounding a large stone. I
think they are better classed as inedible.

I was in Lincolnshire last time you posted, but am now enjoying
retirement in the south of Spain, so different gardening conditions
here, with outdoor tomatoes just beginning to ripen.

Mike

Old 03-06-2006, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frantic Gardeners

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message .com
from " contains these words:

Frantic Gardeners wrote:
My name is Helen,

Hi Chris,

As you can see, nothing much has changed in urg :-) Welcome back.

Janet

Hello Janet. Yep, I guess Chris and I are still interchangeable! How
can you set not to be archived then?
Thanks mike - though I might give them a try as jam? [ever hopeful!]

Old 03-06-2006, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Frantic Gardeners writes

Hello again to the names I recognise from 5 years ago

Hi, Helen. Welcome back!
--
Kay
Old 05-06-2006, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Frantic Gardeners" wrote in message
oups.com...
My name is Helen, and I have been off list for a long time! But married
to Chris, and lived in Leeds when last posted. Actually still married
to Chris, and now with 2 daughters, but in Cambs.

So, starting off with a question, we have 2 trees in our new garden
that last year were ornamental cherries, but this year seem to be
covered in cherries.
a picture link here

http://chrisfrench.org/gardenblog/index.php/2006/06/02/so-whats-this/

how likely is it that this cherry will taste nice? or is it mostly an
occasional surprise, and good for jams?
[and you can see that our gardening is still somewhat chaotic, but
trying better each time with the fruit/veg - one year we will be on
time!]

Hello again to the names I recognise from 5 years ago

Hi Helen :~))
Glad to hear you are all doing well - the new house looks super.
I've no idea about the cherries but URG will come up trumps ..............
Jenny

Hello again everyone. Wil Edible Gardening 0 07-04-2009 01:19 AM
hello again becon776 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 17-03-2005 01:05 AM
[IBC] Hello! Again. Peter Aradi Bonsai 8 04-06-2003 01:56 AM
[IBC] Hello Again Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 15-02-2003 03:15 AM