Old 04-06-2006, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sla#s

Default Adding electric start to petrol lawn mower

wrote:
my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover
and i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for
her. it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have
the strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

For any engine not designed originally to be so it is virtually impossible
to fit electric start. Some engines are available as both and whilst
retro-fitting an electric start is not easy it will also be almost as
expensive in parts as buying a whole new mower.
Some manufactures have a wind up spring starter you may be able to retrofit.
Personally I would recommend exchanging it for one they find easier to
start.

Slatts