Old 04-06-2006, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mindful

Default Is it more efficient to grow in containers or right in the ground?

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...
I do have created terraces.
problem is that organic matter leaches thru the ground and walls and
dissapeear very fast because it is a slope

We replace the organic matter twice a year. We till in home made compost
with some woodash from the woodstove in early spring. We do it again in
fall. In spring we also till in composted cow manure, blood and bone meal
and Ironite from the store along with the compost we make ourselves. We use
almost no commercial fertilizer. We mulch everything with a less advanced,
coarser compost.