Old 04-06-2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Sucking air

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 11:09:55 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

I have an all-in-one pump/filter/fountain. Recently it has started falling
over and on one occasion it rose completely out of the pond! There's lots
of air in the pump when I stand it upright.

I don't know why it's started doing this (it's just a year old). I think it
might be to do with hair algea getting caught around the vents and perhaps
the pump is sucking the air from the algea?

Any ideas?
Steve

Clean it. Sounds like the pump isn't getting enough flow from clogged pads.
This can make the pump gravitate, knocking oxygen right out of suspension
causing bubbles to get caught in the filter (under the clogged pads). If it
continues to do this after cleaning, sometimes you just have to put a few
rocks in the box. ;o) ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~