Old 04-06-2006, 08:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Sucking air

Thanks Jan,
I cleaned it out yesterday, but withing 12 hours it had tipped over. Do you
not think it's the hair algea? Every time it's tipped over there's been
lots of it around the pump.
A while back the hair algea was very fine (i.e. not solid), but now it's
gone a darker green and is more clumpy and solid. Should I get rid of it?
The tadpoles and the newt seem to like it, but I don't think it's doing the
pond and fish much good in this state.
Cheers,
Steve

Very well could be the algae, since it does produce a lot of O2 during the
day. Trying pulling a bunch of it out and see what happens. ~ jan

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium