Old 04-06-2006, 05:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom J

Default Planting Under Walnut Trees

RJS wrote:
Hi,

Our backyard has about 8 huge walnut trees. We want to create an
English style garden within this area which obviously is quite
shady.
We've heard that walnut trees poison the soil and not everything can
grow in this area - would someone offer suggestions as to what would
be good to plant in this garde?

Thanks.....

Randy.

I don't have walnut trees, because every time I see 1 sprout up, I dig
it out by the roots. I do a lot of camping & every campground that
I've ever stayed in that had a walnut grove had nothing else growing
there except a few weeds.

Tom J