Old 04-06-2006, 09:45 PM
tvrchimaera tvrchimaera is offline
Registered User

Location: Guildford, Surrey, UK

Hi,

From my little experiment I have to say that the copper tape does work.

For some reason slugs / snails seem to love my young capsium plants. Guess they like spicey food.

I started with 16 healthy plants in a small plastic tent type propagator. Then used the copper tape on 14 out of the 16 pots.
After a few days the 2 unprotected were destroyed by snails. The others were untouched and are still good several weeks later.

I should add that I used the 1" wide tape with a serrated edge.

Unfortunately this tape is expensive, £11 for 5m / 16ft, compared to slug pellets.

Hope this update is useful for those with similar problems.

Kind Regards
Brian