Old 04-06-2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

Default filling a pond

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 20:11:58 GMT, "Cheryl"
wrote:
We have inherited a pond in the house we have bought but have decided to
fill it in.

Good idea,a Ponds are a large money pit and lots of labor for what,
th epriviledge to look at a dam carp.

We do like the pond but our garden is tiny and it takes up half the space.
Plus we have begun to think long term. Ie starting a family and feel that
it is just easier/safer to fill it in a gain a bigger garden aswell.

Yep veggies are more usefull than a carp

I was wondering what would be the best way to fill to pond.. we will be
digging up lots of concrete slab, will these be ok?

I owuld use dirt, so the concrete slab if uysed as fill will not bite
you some day when yuy need to dig or poant something. Burying any
rubble as such is usuaoly a bad idea on a residential area.....best
haul in a truck load or two of dirt.

plus any ideas of the best way to rehome the fishes? we dont know anyone
else with a pond!

If they are big enough BBQ works fine. ;-) , Call a pet shop and see
if they want some, put a free ad in the newspaper or local Sale. Trade
rag magazine.....POst a general location your located and maybe
osmeone would know of others that could take the fish off your hands
in that area.....Just don;t give your address out on usenet.....I see
your in GB......if I read yur email right, and there is quite a few
folks over there that fool with ponds.......

Many thanks

Cheryl