Old 04-06-2006, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Boo hoo!

No one has answered my posting, so I'm going to cry.

Now you wouldn't really want to see a grown man crying, would you?

Alan

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Last year, rather foolishly, I bought some plants from a boot sale,
although already having a number of plants growing in the green house,
after they were all put out into the garden they were all growing well
until the boot plants suddenly started to show signs of something wrong,
they them started to die, and whatever it was found it's way onto my own
tomatoes, I dug them all out, but did not either put them on the compost
heap, or dispose of them in any other way, they lay on the path until they
just rotted away.

Now, the big question is, will this virus remain in/on the soil, so if I
do plant more tomatoes will they all suffer the same fate?

If that is likely, what can I do to stop this happening?

Alan