Old 03-06-2006, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Tomato virus?

Last year, rather foolishly, I bought some plants from a boot sale, although
already having a number of plants growing in the green house, after they
were all put out into the garden they were all growing well until the boot
plants suddenly started to show signs of something wrong, they them started
to die, and whatever it was found it's way onto my own tomatoes, I dug them
all out, but did not either put them on the compost heap, or dispose of them
in any other way, they lay on the path until they just rotted away.

Now, the big question is, will this virus remain in/on the soil, so if I do
plant more tomatoes will they all suffer the same fate?

If that is likely, what can I do to stop this happening?

Alan

Old 04-06-2006, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Boo hoo!

No one has answered my posting, so I'm going to cry.

Now you wouldn't really want to see a grown man crying, would you?

Alan

Old 04-06-2006, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 21:23:49 +0100, Alan Holmes wrote
(in article ):

No one has answered my posting, so I'm going to cry.

Now you wouldn't really want to see a grown man crying, would you?

snip

Alan, I did ask Ray about this but he says that without some clear
description of the symptoms it's hard to help. Can you tell us anything
about that?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk