Old 05-06-2006, 08:23 AM
mrs-baggins mrs-baggins is offline
Registered User

[quote=La Puce]Today we made a huge double bench platform sun lounging thing and we
are very pleased with it indeed. The holly tree will never look the
same again. I don't want to varnish it though - nor paint it - and the
weather proof coating that we get are so dark, I can't find something I
like. Any ideas what we should put on it to protect it? I thought this
type of decking was already weather proof, but my other half wants to
put something on it ...

We finished ours the weekend too. I bought some stuff by Ronseal, cant think of the exact name till i see the tin but i think its called something like decking protector. Its a combination of a bit of stain, and stuff to protect which is why i bought it. I had the light oak colour. I think there is also something called decking oil which as far as i know doesnt contain stain but i just wanted a light colout to tone down some of the variation that the wood naturally has,