Old 05-06-2006, 04:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ted S

Default Need advice on trimming back Rhodos for a fence

I planted about 10 small rhodos years ago on my side of the property line
between my and my neighbors common back yard. The plants are now six to
nine feet high and spread a bit over the line onto my neighbors side. The
plants are beautiful and made a great natural yard divider but they now
want to install a fence and we have to cut back some of the rhodos on
their side.

There's nothing I can do about this, but I was looking for advise on how
and where to prune and if there are things to do or to avoid doing to
minimize shock and damage to the plants. I gave the plants some HollyTone
about two or three weeks ago.

I have about two weeks (until mid June) to prune. Flowering is done and
I'm in South Jersey.

Thanks!

Ted