Old 05-06-2006, 06:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
Pat Barber

Default Fescue seedheads?

I'm from N.C. and live on the coast. Do the seed heads have
three seperate "leaves" covered in seeds ??? The so called
crow's foot is more than likely Bahia grass which is very
aggresive and VERY difficult to control.

Go here for reading: http://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/

wrote:

Hi

I am in Raleigh. I have fescue grass. What I am seeing is tall (6"-12")
thin stalks with seed heads on top about evenly distributed through out
the yard in between normal fescue grass. The lawn service person said
this is normal fescue seedheads that is growing rapidly due to the
inflox in temperature and that when we get to consistent 80 degree
weather, these tall fescue seedhead stalks will subside.