Old 05-06-2006, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Redman

Default Green house

"IanG" wrote in message
Hello,

I am new to gardening and have just cleared a space for a green house

(8x6).
I have started to look at the different types and not sure what to buy.
Could anyone offer some advice to me .

Many thanks,

IanG

Well I bought my first Greenhouse about 8 weeks ago. 8 x 6. Took about a day
to erect. It's all Polycarbonate glazing. Purchased an automatic vent as
well. All from eBay btw. Total cost about £300. It's over 100 C in there at
the moment with the vent and the door open. I only wish though I hadn't
listened to the wife and gone for a 10 x 8. Polycarbonate will help avoid
putting any type of net shading up if you purchase just glass for the
glazing. It cuts down on scorching of young plants etc. I'm a bit of a
newbie to the greenhouse myself but I remember my old man years ago had 2
glass greenhouses and was always putting the netting up.

HTH

Redman