Old 05-06-2006, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ornata

Default Green house

IanG wrote:
Hello,

I am new to gardening and have just cleared a space for a green house (8x6).
I have started to look at the different types and not sure what to buy.
Could anyone offer some advice to me .

Many thanks,

IanG

I also think you might regret going for an 8' x 6' model. Even if
you're really organised with your staging, it's amazing how quickly the
space will fill up. We got ours (an 8 x 6 - too small!) out of Loot
for £25 (but we had to dismantle it and take it away, which took
pretty much a whole day). It just needed a few replacement panes of
glass. We sited it directly on the ground, but I really wish now that
we'd taken the trouble to create a solid base for it. If I had the
money, I'd do the whole thing again, only this time with a nice,
concrete base, a larger greenhouse and a wooden frame - wood doesn't
just look good, it's also a better insulator.