Old 05-06-2006, 10:35 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Craig Watts

Default sod in June

Javier wrote:
Hello,

I'm getting conflicting advise from a couple of landscapers that I've
solicited bids from, regarding laying sod in my back yard. We're in Wake
Cty, just south of Raleigh, and our yard has fescue grass on it. Some
portions of it need to be re-sodded due to a large construction project.

One is telling me "no problem".

The other is telling me that I should wait until fall, because if they
lay the sod now, it is unlikely it will thrive in the hot summer months
and will die before cool weather arrives.

Who's right?

-jav

Did you know you can buy it from a retail business at the
Farmer's Market? We did it this past weekend. First time for
me. The only thing I heard is that you have to be careful of
fire ants as it is brought up from South Carolina. I do not
know if this is true but we took pre-cautions.

Craig