Old 05-06-2006, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Default Can Calabrese be grown in GROW BAG's?

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:

Ah a Growbag closet Queen has self outed
You can get thingies which cover the growbags to make them look prettier and
other thingies that water them and yet more things that offer support to
the plants.

I don't particularly like them either. I'd not discourage anyone from
using them, but I find I get better results with pots or planting in the
soil. The year I gave up using them and planted my tomatoes, cucumbers
and suchlike in 5l plastic containers used for oil, washing up liquid
and so on (I just cut the tops off with a knife) I had the best fruit
ever. Which is of course completely unscientific

James