Old 06-06-2006, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jimmy-Bob

Default coleus seem to have died

I had some very pretty coleus plants which I took out of my garden last fall
and kept them in my livingroom over winter. They got big - about 18" tall,
and really looked nice. I took several clippings and rooted them all in
water. Last week, I transplanted them all back into my garden and all the
small ones I rooted in water are doing fine, but all of the big ones' leaves
drooped overnight and the big plants now look as though they are all
dropping dead.

Any ideas what might have happened? The temperatures haven't gone below
about fifty (10 celsius) at night so they didn't get frostbite.