Old 06-06-2006, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Blanket weed

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:53:33 +0100, June Hughes wrote
(in article ):

In message , Broadback
writes
I've a lovely crop of blanket weed in the wild pond I created during
the Winter. Is it detrimental, if so can I just rake it out, also is
it any use putting it on the compost heap?

It looks a mess . If you have a pump, it is likely to block it. Yes,
you can put it on the compost heap. I don't know how quickly it rots
down. Or you can put it in the earth - I used to do that until my dog
started eating it.

Just make sure that when you rake it off, you leave it on the side of the
pond for a while so that any desirable critters caught in it can make their
way back to the pond.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk