Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default washing up solution spray for aphids?

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:01:59 +0100, fourmations wrote
(in article ):

hi all

went to homebase to get that soap for aphids
they didnt have it, garden person told to use mild
washing up liquid solutions

is this okay, for food plants
(basil, tomatoes, jalapenos, peppers)

Yes, it's fine. It's just that, strictly speaking, the EU doesn't like
anyone to use anything for a purpose for which it isn't designated. Someone
in an office somewhere ran out of paper to push around so they made that one
up!
Put a drop of e.g. Fairy Liquid into a plastic spray bottle, fill it with
cold water and off you go. It's a very old remedy and I remember my
grandfather using it, though I doubt it was Fairy Liquid!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk