Old 07-06-2006, 05:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
Jack Schmidling

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Duckweed

Snooze wrote:

With the caveat that koi also
like to rummage at the bottom of the pond in search of aquatic insects to
feed on, so they can make the pond muddy.

I am more concerned about tadpole survival as this is primarily a frog pond.

There are herbicides that can be used to control duckweed, some have a
relatively low residual.

In addition to all the potential problems with chemicals is the absurd
cost of that stuff. As near as I can tell, it would cost about $300 for
enough to do my 40 ft pond and then not a sure thing.

I am on my way to get some gold fish and netting is kinda fun anyway.

js