Old 08-06-2006, 06:48 AM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Duckweed - get koi & goldfish

"~Roy" aka Koi-Lo wrote in message

Its b****ing asholes like you that keep the noise level going. Your
the first ****ing moron to snap today......you poor pityful
looser......

"Koi-Lo" Reply to NG Only wrote in message
*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message

We had been so plagued with duckweed on our small pond that we just
declared the war over and lost interest in the pond. By late Spring, it
was a sea of green and might as well have been filled with cement. Other
than frogs, we could see nothing in the way of life in the pond.

=============================
If you tire of trying to net it out and it's the smooth leaf shiny

duckweed,
koi and GF will remove it themselves. They consider it the best salad

ever.
If you also garden it can be composted or used as a mulch. If it's the
rough, frilly edged duckweed the koi and GF will not touch it. I suggest
you call your county Ag agent as ask what the safest way to remove it

would
be. I say this because many websites are just pushing a product to make

$$$
with no thought of anything else.
--
Koi-Lo....