Old 17-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Pump goes on and off

A lot of things have been covered, but not the cause of my submersible's
strange behavior (similar to yours, without the broken pipes). Do you have a
check valve? If so, check it for proper functioning. I had a spring loaded
valve that would get clogged and slow to a trickle, causing the pump to
overheat. I finally located a check valve with a flapper in it (instead of
the spring loaded gizmo) and that cured the problem.

Lee

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
My pipes from my pump to the filter broke and spewed water all over the
pump. Since then the pump will run for 30 seconds, shut off for few

minutes
and run again. Why is this so? I'll appreciate all helps!

--
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."