Old 08-06-2006, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default Blanket weed

Lol wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
I've a lovely crop of blanket weed in the wild pond I created during the
Winter. Is it detrimental, if so can I just rake it out, also is it any
use putting it on the compost heap?

Discourage blanket weed by increasing shade - my blanket weed is much
reduced by a growth of duckweed on the surface.
Nice but oh dear can't see the pond now for the heaps of duckweed. Duck
needed?

Lol

Thanks all for your replies, afraid pond is in full sun until plants
start to grow. No tadpoles or newts yet, I live in hope for next year.
Do ducks really eat duckweed? if so perhaps I should get some as I
have a pair of ducks that visit off and on.