Old 09-06-2006, 08:27 PM
aimeemarie aimeemarie is offline
Registered User

Default Newbie needs help!

Hi! We just purchased and moved into our first home, and it came with a pond. We have 2 big Koi and several smaller goldfish. About a week after being here, our water became very green and we can't see the fish anymore. Earl May came out here and told me we needed to use some "Algae Fix" on it and also think about getting a UV light. He said they run 200-300 but after looking on the internet I don't believe him--maybe they are higher in the store?

Our pond is roughly 1500 gallons. I do not know how many gph it does but the guy from Earl May said it was a good pump and skimmer. I belive it's made by Easy Pro.

So, can someone refer me to a good, affordable UV light for our pond? I can answer any add'l info you need maybe, we don't know a lot about this pond!