Old 09-06-2006, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Big

Default 4 stroke Hedge Trimmers - Any experiences ??

Thats what I like to hear.

I'm fed up cutting hedges today, getting 2 stroke smoke in my face and
my arms tingling with vibration.

This has now confirmed my concerns about severe vibration with my new
McCulloch Gladiator 550. I shall take it back for a refund. Also as
the engine is on springs (anti vibs), and you hold the engine as still
as you can, the bar wobbles, giving an uneven cut. This has been one
of the worst trimmers I have used.

They will cut in any direction as the crankshaft has an agitator on it that
throws the oil in the correct direction when inverted.
Also they have a diaphragm carb that uses crankcase pressure to deliver
fuel.