Old 10-06-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cokey

Default Help please - sprouts in lawn - should I remove?

Please excuse my terminlogy, Im new to gardening.

I have a small hedge type thing that borders one side of my front lawn.
It appears that it has now seeded the lawn as little sprouts have come
up through the grass near to the hedge.

image here (190k) - hedge on right, sprouts all over.
http://www.cokey.co.uk/house/front_lawn.jpg

I usually just mow over these. Should I actually be removing them,
pulling or digging?

Im not too fussed about the lawn as although it looks relatively nice,
it's not in tip-top condition, so if mowing over them is ok then I will
continue. I dont however want them spreading everywhere!

any advice greatly appreciated
Marc.c