Old 11-06-2006, 12:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Michael Keefe

Default garden tractor engine cleaning question

On 6/9/06 2:36 AM, in article ,
"RB" spewed forth this gibberish...

What's a good way to clean a greasy engine in my garden tractor?

Thought about spraying it down with oven cleaner and then rinsing off. But,
not sure if the oven cleaner residue might get into some areas and stay and
cause trouble, even with a good flushing.

I have a pressure washer on hand, but not sure about using it on the engine.

I use an industrial strength oven cleaner (gallon jug) and brush it on
mixing it in, then garden hose.. Pressure washer can do physical damage like
pull off wires and whatnot..