Old 11-06-2006, 07:35 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Weed on surface of UK pond

wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the weed is that is thriving in my pond?

I can't, but I will make up some bullshit anyway.

The weed is green and floats freely on the surface of the pond. As far as I
can tell, the leaves are oval (around 3-4mm long and 2-3 mm wide). They have
a look which I think is reminiscent of the leaves of watercress but they
have no stem.

Randy's marijuana plants look kind of like that too.

I've seen this weed on covering the surface of canals in the UK and as a
child, I seem to remember that we called it "Jinny Greenteeth"

That's what people call me, too!

****!

TIA
MikeB