Old 12-06-2006, 01:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc

Default trying to identify a couple Phals

Hello everyone!
I've had these two Phals for a few years now. Both were brought at the
same time, as seedlings. Both have doubled in size, but neither has
flowered as yet. I'm pretty sure I mixed up the tags and was wondering
if I posted their names, a Phal expert could give me an educated guess
on which is which?
Phal number one, the larger, has the tag which reads - Phal (P. Brother
Wildcat 'Ruby' x P. Carmelas Brite Lites 'Fireball') Kens. 905
12/2001.
Phal number two, which is much smaller sized (as in miniature) has a
tag which reads - Malibu Dart 'Zuma' x (uninteligible)sh 'Malibu
Otani'.
I had resigned myself to waiting until they flowered to puzzle it out,
and then decided to try asking here. Can anyone familiar with these
plants tell me if one is a miniature?
Both plants are healthy looking. The 'normal' sized one has four
leaves and is starting a new one. The miniature one has six leaves and
is also starting a new one.
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa
"If you smile at me, I will understand. For that is something
everybody, everywhere, does in the same language." (Marty Balin?)