Old 12-06-2006, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Periproct

Default My creeper

Hi

Very ignorant on these matters so here is my question.

I have some kind of creeper that is now going across the bottom of my
garden, right down the length of the garden and has now completely covered
the side up the house up to roof level.

My neighbour on one side doesn't like it at all and I'm sure the neighbour
on the other side won't be too pleased if it starts getting into his garden.
I'm also concerned about the damage it might do if it starts getting under
the slates on the roof.

Although I think it looks OK I'm thinking for practical purposes I'd be
better getting rid of it completely. Is there any way of killing it off
permanently? I'm thinkingof something I can feed it at the point it is
growing from.
I have chopped it quite severely in the past and it almost seems like it can
keep growing even after the main stems have been cut. As if the branches can
keep living after the roots have been cut off if that makes sense.

Thanks for any advice, regards, Nigel