Old 12-06-2006, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default My creeper

On 12/6/06 14:13, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes:

| If it is, I think the only final answer is weed killer on every bit you can
| find. It's a real menace and shouldn't be planted unless someone has
| hundreds of yards of bareness to cover!

The same applies to out-of-control ivy, virginia creeper, Hydrangea
petiolaris or even Ipomoea indica!

I don't think I've heard of H. petiolaris or indeed any of those behaving in
quite that way, especially as it's been chopped back hard in the past. The
likelihood of Ipomoea doing that in a garden in this country at this time of
year, or any other, is very remote. And I'm guessing the OP would know what
ivy looks like and possibly virginia creeper, too.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk