Old 12-06-2006, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flower ID

doobydoobydo writes
Hiya

I can't find this in any of my books or on line. It comes up every late May
and I think flowers for the whole of the summer. The lady over the road has
them as well and thinks they are weeds although very pretty ones.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D

Linaria

There are various definitions of weed
a) something I don't want, or don't want *there*
b) a UK native (which includes cowslips and lily-of-the-valley
c) something which is so invasive and difficult to control that it is a
nightmare to have in a garden
d) something that people will laugh at me if I grow it

Linaria doesn't fit any of these
--
Kay