Old 12-06-2006, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doobydoobydo

Default Flower ID

Hiya

I can't find this in any of my books or on line. It comes up every late May
and I think flowers for the whole of the summer. The lady over the road has
them as well and thinks they are weeds although very pretty ones.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D

Thankyou

Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

doobydoobydo wrote:
Hiya

I can't find this in any of my books or on line. It comes up every late May
and I think flowers for the whole of the summer. The lady over the road has
them as well and thinks they are weeds although very pretty ones.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D

Thankyou

Linaria purpurea?
I think they grow wild/escape from gardens. They are probably weeds
for some people but they are pretty.

Des

Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

doobydoobydo wrote:

I can't find this in any of my books or on line. It comes up every late
May
and I think flowers for the whole of the summer. The lady over the road
has
them as well and thinks they are weeds although very pretty ones.

They come in different shades of purple, down to more or less white in my
garden. Plants for free are always good and you can pull them out if they
arrive where you don't want them. (That's when they're weeds of course ..)

Sue W.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

doobydoobydo writes
Hiya

I can't find this in any of my books or on line. It comes up every late May
and I think flowers for the whole of the summer. The lady over the road has
them as well and thinks they are weeds although very pretty ones.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D

Linaria

There are various definitions of weed
a) something I don't want, or don't want *there*
b) a UK native (which includes cowslips and lily-of-the-valley
c) something which is so invasive and difficult to control that it is a
nightmare to have in a garden
d) something that people will laugh at me if I grow it

Linaria doesn't fit any of these
--
Kay
Old 13-06-2006, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

doobydoobydo wrote:
Hiya
I can't find this in any of my books or on line. It comes up every late May
and I think flowers for the whole of the summer. The lady over the road has
them as well and thinks they are weeds although very pretty ones.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D
Thankyou

Here's the other Linaria colours. I think they are beautiful.

http://cjoint.com/?gnskEyBAns

ps. The dog is a Labrador ;o)

Old 13-06-2006, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doobydoobydo

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

doobydoobydo wrote:
Hiya
I can't find this in any of my books or on line. It comes up every late
May
and I think flowers for the whole of the summer.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D
Thankyou

Here's the other Linaria colours. I think they are beautiful.

http://cjoint.com/?gnskEyBAns

ps. The dog is a Labrador ;o)

Well now you've gone and done it, Charlie takes great offence at being
called a Labrador, he is a Golden Retriever, he'll have you know, and very
proud of it. Big slobby sulks. ~

The Linaria's are definately staying cos they are lovely.
Thanks to all for the I.D.

ps Charlie forgives you ))
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D

Old 13-06-2006, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"doobydoobydo" wrote in message

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

doobydoobydo wrote:
Hiya
I can't find this in any of my books or on line. It comes up every late
May
and I think flowers for the whole of the summer.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D
Thankyou

Here's the other Linaria colours. I think they are beautiful.

http://cjoint.com/?gnskEyBAns

ps. The dog is a Labrador ;o)

Well now you've gone and done it, Charlie takes great offence at being
called a Labrador, he is a Golden Retriever, he'll have you know, and very
proud of it. Big slobby sulks. ~

The Linaria's are definately staying cos they are lovely.
Thanks to all for the I.D.

ps Charlie forgives you ))
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A32B12F3D

Just be grateful that La Puce unusually got the correct plant ID:-)

Old 14-06-2006, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Just be grateful that La Puce unusually got the correct plant ID:-)

Because you haven't? Ever? In fact I think you've never idenfied
anything. I feel your constant poking at me is getting very obvious and
more to the point getting on my tits. If you do have something to say
to me, Don, just say it. And don't smile when you try to be nasty.