Old 12-06-2006, 10:32 PM
trin trin is offline
Registered User

Location: South West UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom&barbara
Hello everyone, long time no write - pc got a virus but I am back at
last. :-)

Imagine my surprise when the plants began to flower and have two or
three different colours to each plant! One plant has white, dark blue
and magenta flowers. Am I to understand that mixed colours now means
quite literally that you get different colour flowers on one plant?
When / how long ago did this come about? I must've been asleep I
think.

~Any comments gratefully appreciated

from a very confused Gail!
Are you sure that its just one plant? I think that quite often when lobelia is planted, because its so tiny to begin with, that you get a "clump" of seeds all coming up together being sold as one plug. So if the seed was mixed you may well get mixed colours. Have a look at each tiny stem, if you have different colours on the same stem do let me know its something I've never heard of.
The lovely big pelagonium I bought recently turned out to be 4 small ones all planted together to make more of a show. No loss to me, a few weeks and they will all be big ones.