Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default A New Discussion Forum

I guess it depends on the level of moderation. The OrchidSource and
Semi-Hydroponics forums are moderated, but that seems to be only to remove
truly inappropriate posts - something a.b.p.o could have used recently.
Beyond that, they're pretty free-flowing.

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:56:05 -0400, Rob
wrote:

Al wrote:
what happened to the slipper orchid forum? Are you still the
co-moderator
over there?

It became apparent that a lot of us weren't welcome there, so a new
forum was created. Classic case of schism in the church of cypriology.

Slippertalk has become a pretty nice forum pretty quickly. And the
original forum is, I'm sure, still a nice place to visit although I
can't go there. Both fora will have their strengths and weaknesses, so
the more the merrier. And it is a good way to kill time.

And this is a nice group too! But, no pictures. The main selling point
of any of these bulletin board based forums. Lots of pretty pictures.

That is why we have ABPO.
There is a forum off the Denverorchidsociety.org site too. I don't
like moderated forums. I like this subjects flow and change. Photos
are on ABPO.. so I read both. The take me around the world instead of
into someone's private domain.
SuE