Old 13-06-2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kye

Default Water in the Land of Oz?

For my part, I pray that the plants survive between waterings, and water
VERY early in the morning to ensure that the substrate actually gets damp
enough to make a difference....

We are allowed to use a hose here three days a week in certain time slots,
and can water with a bucket any time of the day, but watering an orchid
collection with a bucket strikes me as a little desperate (except or where
mounts are concerned)

Cheers
Kye.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
So, now that 60% of the country is suffering from the worst drought in 100
years, what are Australians doing to conserve water and still water their
orchids? I understand some localities are being forbidden to use a hose

water anything. They have to use a bucket or hand sprinkler. No washing
cars, either.

Any tips?

K Barrett