Old 12-06-2006, 11:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

Default Dalmation on duty

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
We had overnight guests last night as we were to take them to the airport
at 3AM. We also have a 14 yo Dalmation named Chief (female) who is very
spoiled, has the run of the place, and feels obligated to protect us.
About 1AM she tears off the bed and out the flip door barking like crazy -
louder and longer than usual - right below the guests open window. It is
not unusual for her to go out when she hears / smells (?) a skunk, racoon,
or cat in the middle of the night. But she really went at it last night.
This morning we found the reason - there was an opposum caught in the
hav-a-hart trap we had set for Mr Woodchuck. Bleary eyed people on a
plane leaving Albany airport.

You will catch everything but a woodchuck by leaving your hav-a-hart out at
night.
Woodchucks are not very active at night while possums, raccoons and, Lord
help you if you catch one, skunks are.