Old 12-06-2006, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Greenhouse control of aphids

On 12/6/06 19:23, in article ,
"Easynews" wrote:

Lots of people seem to use parasitic flies to keep greenhouse aphids under
control these days- has anyone experience of using these, and how effective
were they?

We use them here all the time and it's extremely efficacious. They arrive
in the post regularly and we either hang the little paper envelopes on
various plants in the different glasshouses or take the tops off their
little plastic bottles and let them find their own way out. We use
nematodes, also. My husband has been working in this way since back in
the 50s/early 60s. If you do a Google search you'll find several suppliers
for the amateur gardener but it is *very* important that you don't lose your
nerve and introduce chemical sprays again.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk