Old 13-06-2006, 03:26 AM posted to austin.gardening
God Bless Texas

Default RIP Howard's Nursery

pistor wrote:
john wrote:

Austin airport after Penn Field. In any case, Howard's has been an
Austin institution for some time. Sorry to see them pass on...

Was it any good? I must admit I never went there. Our regular nurseries
are The Natural Gardener, Barton Springs, Gardens, and Shoal Creek
(formerly Park Place, it's getting better every day!).

Victor

Howard Nursery (*not* Howard's) is one of the best nurseries in the
City, and has been for a long time.

The only problem we really ever had with them was that sometimes their
tomatoes were mis-labeled . . . a real old-Austin family-run business.

I'd guess they've gotten tired of the construction, higher-speed traffic
in front of their shop, etc.

But I will try to get by and find out what plans they may have to
re-open in a better location.