Old 13-06-2006, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mixed Lobelia - I'm very confused??

trin writes

The lovely big pelagonium I bought recently turned out to be 4 small
ones all planted together to make more of a show. No loss to me, a few
weeks and they will all be big ones.

That's very common. Big bushy poinsettias are often just a ring of
single rooted cuttings. With plants that root easily, like pelargoniums,
it's great as you get several plants, but with plants that need a little
more tlc, you often find that one or two of the cuttings die off.

Of course, to the great majority of people it doesn't matter - I recall
reading somewhere that the majority of potted plants that are bought are
simply thrown out when they've finished flowering. It's only eccentrics
like us who try to keep them going for next season ;-)

--
Kay