Old 13-06-2006, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jupiter

Default Mangetout

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:42:59 +0100, Janet Galpin
wrote:

Is it too late to start mangetout peas with any likelihood of success?
Are they likely just to fall prey to mildew?

Janet G

Can I suggest trying Oregon Sugar Pod. I've just picked my last ones
from a sowing last September. The yield was very good and the pods
stay tender even when the peas are forming. I reckon these might grow
all year year round (obviously dormant in winter but survived last
winter's frosts better than my Aquadulce Claudia broad beans). I'll
definitely grow them again.