Old 13-06-2006, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default Problems with Bakker or J Parker?

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:37:35 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote
(in message ):

Bakkers are to plant supplies as Macdonalds are to gourmet dining.
They are bulk-supplying plants grown in polytunnesl in Holland. You
would do far better to buy mailorder plants grown outdoors in the UK;
there are scores of reputable, smaller UK nurseries to choose from.

Janet

Yes, this constitutes my standard for comparison. I've had great stuff from a
number of small(er) UK nurseries. The whole "feel" of ordering from these is
different. And they send you big plants! I feel better now- sometimes you
just need to hear it from someone else too....

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)