Old 18-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Allegra

Default bare root question

"Jane" wrote in message
t...
Hello group,
I am soaking my new bare root Peace roses in water , getting ready to

plant
them and I wonder since the roots are not as fluffy as I'd hoped, would it
hurt them if I put root stimulator in with the soaking water?
Thanks,

Jane in 6b

Hi Jane,

I always use Super Thrive diluted by their instructions.
It has always worked wonders on my roses, and has never
burnt or in any other way done any harm to them. When
I plant them I mix some alfalfa pellets, some water crystals
and any slow release fertilizer for roses that may be on hand.
Mix it well on the hole, make your mount and after 24 to 48
hours of soaking the bareroot - or the transplant if still too
tiny- , I plant it, and water it well with the soaking water.

Our Darlow's Enigma was planted in May a bare 12"
little fondling from Heirloom following this practice and he is
now over 8' high. So I have to guess that after 32 years of
growing roses, I must finally have at least figured out what
some of them like G

Good luck, I am sure you will do all right

Allegra